NDRL Won’t Allow Owens To Appeal Penalty
There were four (4) chemicals found in the Owens Team submitted tire samples that are not found in the Manufacturer’s Submitted Benchmark. The chemicals found included the following:
- 9-Octadecen-12-ynoic acid, methyl ester
- Butanoic acid, 3-methyl-3, 7, dimethyl-2, 2
- Hexanedioic acid, bis(2-butoxyethyl) ester
- Decanedioic acid, bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester
The NDRL finds these facts to be conclusive and inarguable, and that these facts shall not be undermined by any amount of hearsay or other arguments based on opinion rather than the facts as they stand.
- Disqualification from the Let’s Get Dirty 75 at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 held on Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Forfeiture of event winnings ($20,000)
- Forfeiture of NDRL Championship points earned on Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Fine of $1,500
- Reimbursement of lab testing costs.
- Suspension from all NDRL sanctioned events including NDRL’s ULMS and NDRL’s McKean County Raceway events until fine and reimbursement costs are paid in full.