Rain Creates Firecracker 100 Doubleheader
SARVER, Pa. – Heavy rain inundated Lernerville Speedway late Friday afternoon, forcing the postponement of the evenings scheduled Firecracker 100 Presented by GottaRace.com preliminary program.
The wet weather sets up a huge World of Outlaws Late Model Series doubleheader on Saturday at the four-tenths-mile oval. Friday night’s preliminary card will now be contested on Saturday afternoon prior to the scheduled running of the $30,000-to-win Firecracker 100 by GottaRace.com.
Pit gates will reopen at 10:30 a.m. and the front gates at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Hot laps for the preliminary program are scheduled to begin at 12 noon, with Ohlins Shocks Time Trials to immediately follow and racing (heats, B-Mains and 30-lap A-Main paying $6,000 to win) set to get the green flag at 1 p.m.
At the conclusion of Saturday afternoon’s preliminary show, the grandstands will be cleared and prepared for the regularly-scheduled Firecracker 100 finale on Saturday night. The evening programs time schedule remains the same as previously published, with heat races earmarked to begin at 7:35 p.m.
Lernerville and WoO LMS officials also have a contingency plan in place to deal with further weather-related problems that could arise on Saturday.
If the prevailing conditions do not allow sufficient time for Saturday afternoons preliminary program to be run before the Firecracker 100 finale on Saturday night, the event will be pushed to Sunday (June 30) with a 4 p.m. start time for hot laps. The big-money 100-lapper would continue as scheduled on Saturday night, though with time trials added to the itinerary to align drivers in heat races.
Should rain wash out both the afternoon and evening programs on Saturday, then both the preliminary and Firecracker 100 finale shows would be run as a doubleheader on Sunday (June 30) using the time schedule announced for Saturdays twinbill.
In the event that Saturday afternoons preliminary card is completed but the evening Firecracker 100 is rained out, the weekend-topping long-distance spectacular would be postponed to Sunday with hot laps beginning at 4 p.m. Under that scenario the Firecracker 100 heat races would be lined up as planned using each drivers best finish from the two preliminary programs.