How to Play
The Fantasy Sweep powered by Speed Sport follows all 3 NASCAR series:
- Sprint Cup
- Camping World Trucks
The Game is easy to play, you just sign up and select your favorite drivers for each weekend’s races. The deadline for each round’s 7 starters is always 12:00 AM MST Arizona or 2/3:00 AM EST, depending on Daylight Savings Time, on the day of each weekend’s first race. Play every weekend, round after round from now through November.
1. You get 7 picks per week and you have to pick or “start” at least one driver per series that is racing that weekend. If you don’t select at least one driver per race per weekend you won’t be able to submit a full 7-starter lineup.
2. Each driver has a chance to score points for your fantasy team — but only if they finish in the top 16 per event. The scoring system is the same for all series and awards points for finish order, qualifying, laps led and car manufacturer.
At the end of the racing weekend, your points are tallied and your team is ranked amongst all others in the game toward winning weekly and championship prizes.
3. The deadline for each race weekend’s picks is always 12:00 AM in Arizona, or 2/3:00 AM EST on the day of each weekend’s first race. Depending on each weekend’s schedule of races the deadline will change throughout the game period. Starters do not roll over to the following round, starters cannot be edited after the deadline.
4. You can edit your starters for all future rounds and pick a default roster, with one starter per each of the 3 series, that will be triggered when the scores are updated if you don’t submit a lineup. If one or more of your default drivers are racing and finish in the top 16 you will be awarded those points where the scoring is updated. Click on ACCOUNT to edit your default starters and remember, editing is disabled during race weekends.
5. You can form your own Private League and invite friends and family, co-workers, facebook friends and others.
Click on Select Starters and look under the empty roster grid upper left for the Pick Starters For Race drop down menu. Every week this menu will show what series are racing and let you access the list of drivers to select from.
Choose a race to display the list of drivers, then click the driver name or car number to add them to your weekly roster.
Pick starters until you have at least one per scheduled race, then pick more from any race you want to complete your 7-starter roster.
IMPORTANT: The starter pick lists are NOT official, unofficial or even expected entry lists. The available drivers are listed according to published reports of their intentions to compete or they have already raced and earned FMFL points; it’s up to each player to know the active or racing status of their picks.
HINT: Go to RESULTS, select a race from last season and review the scoring grid. The game uses the FMFL scoring system that rewards racers for:
- Finish position
- Laps led
Finishing Points: 1st Place = 160 pts 2nd Place = 150 pts 3rd Place = 140 pts 4th Place = 130 pts 5th Place = 120 pts 6th Place = 110 pts 7th Place = 100 pts 8th Place = 90 pts 9th Place = 80 pts 10th Place = 70 pts 11th Place = 60 pts 12th Place = 50 pts 13th Place = 40 pts 14th Place = 30 pts 15th Place = 20 pts 16th Place = 10 pts.; no points are awarded for finish positions outside the top 16.
Qualifying Points: Pole Winner = 55 bonus pts 2nd fastest = 44 bonus pts 3rd fastest = 33 bonus pts 4th fastest = 22 bonus pts 5th fastest = 11 bonus pts.; drivers must finish in the top 16.
Lap Leader Points: Each driver that leads a lap will receive 22 bonus points; the driver who leads the most laps will receive an additional 22 bonus points if they finish in the top 16.
Manufacturer Points: Bonus points are also awarded for manufacturer performance, to those drivers who finish highest, per the top 5 different race cars. Winner (First of that type of car to cross the finish line) = 55 pts. Highest placing driver of next different type of car = 44 pts. Highest placing driver of 3rd different type of car = 33 pts. Highest placing driver of 4th different type of car = 22 pts. Highest placing driver of 5th different type of car = 11 pts. If there are only three different types of cars in the top 16, mfr points will only be awarded to three drivers.
NOTE: Drivers can only earn qualifying points if they qualify the car and start the race; drivers can only earn finish, qualifying, lap leader and manufacturer bonus points by finishing in the top 16!
PRIZES are awarded:
- Weekly (most points per round)
- At the end of Season (1st, 2nd and 3rd, most points overall after 10 weekends or rounds)
- At the end of Season (most points per Cup, NNS and Truck series picks only)