Eldora Named My Favorite Track Again
For the third consecutive year, Ohio’s Eldora Speedway has been named “My Favorite Track” by readers of National Speed Sport News and SPEED SPORT Magazine.
Nearly five times more fans than last year responded to the My Favorite Track survey, which was conducted online. The responses were bolstered not only by the rapid growth of nationalspeedsportnews.com, but by the successful use of social media by many tracks across the United States and Canada.
The half-mile dirt track owned by Tony Stewart received 19.4 percent of the vote, outdistancing Iowa’s Knoxville Raceway, which garnered 10.6 percent. A total of 274 tracks were named on My Favorite Track ballots.
“Whenever someone visits Eldora for the first time, their first comments are about the number of campers and the size of the crowd — and they still have yet to see cars on the track,” said Eldora Speedway General Manager Roger Slack. “Our dedicated and loyal fans are as much a part of the Eldora experience as the breathtaking action on the high banks and that is why this award carries such significance to everyone here — because it is the fans who continue to vote Eldora Speedway as their favorite track in the country.”
The Top 10
1. Eldora Speedway, Rossburg, Ohio
2. Knoxville Raceway, Knoxville, Iowa
3. Oswego Speedway, Oswego, N.Y.
4. Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.
5. Salina Highbanks Speedway, Salina, Okla.
6. Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, Ind.
7. Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pa.
8. Kokomo Speedway, Kokomo, Ind.
9. Tri-State Speedway, Haubstadt, Ind.
10. Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Bowmanville, Ontario
Eldora Speedway and statistics from SPEED SPORT’s My Favorite Tracks survey will be featured in the April issue of SPEED SPORT Magazine. A SPEED SPORT My Favorite Track presented by National Speedway Directory plaque will be presented to Eldora Speedway officials later this year. If you’d like to subscribe to SPEED SPORT Magazine, visit our online store now.