Camping World Trucks

Can Keselowski Complete The Set?

Brad Keselowski (19) tried in vain to catch eventual North Carolina Education Lottery 200 winner Justin Lofton (6) last year at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He’ll try to win his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race tonight at CMS. (HHP/Alan Marler Photo)

CONCORD, N.C. – Close, but no trophy and no record.

That was the story a year ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway for Brad Keselowski. Bidding to become the 24th competitor to win in all three of NASCAR’s national series, Keselowski lost the lead to Justin Lofton on the North Carolina Education Lottery 200’s final restart and finished second.

It also kept Keselowski and his father, Bob, from becoming the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ first son-father winners.

Keselowski, who’s finished second three times in NCWTS competition, gets his next do-over tonight. Brad Keselowski Racing will enter three Fords, for Keselowski, Ross Chastain and Ryan Blaney.

Blaney, the series’ youngest winner a year ago at age 18, is running for the championship. He ranks fourth, 21 points behind leader Matt Crafton. Chastain is competing for BKR on a limited basis.

At 20, Keselowski got his chance in the series with his family’s team. BKR exists to identify future stars, he said.

“Giving back and reinvesting in our sport is critical,” Keselowski said. “Someone [Dale Earnhardt Jr.] gave me a chance to prove myself and I feel it’s the only thing to do to give a young driver a chance in good equipment.”

Posted by on May 17 2013 Filed under Camping World Trucks, Latest Headlines, NASCAR, Top Stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

FREE DAILY NEWSLETTER

Join our mailing list to receive the Daily News Update, Special Offers from NSSN or our trusted partners, or BOTH! You can opt-out anytime and we promise not to spam you!
Email:

Please Support NSSN’s Sponsors




Follow NSSN On Facebook!