NASCAR Champion’s Week Schedule Set
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — NASCAR will return to Las Vegas for the postseason NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week — a star-studded, entertainment-filled celebration for the series champion and NASCAR fans, culminating with the highly anticipated NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards.
Earlier this year, NASCAR announced the annual NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards — and all of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week — will return to Las Vegas for the next three years.
Since 2009, the awards have been held at Wynn Las Vegas and have grown in stature and prestige with each passing year. This year’s annual awards will take place Nov. 30, returning to Wynn Las Vegas with SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio providing live coverage, beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
As in past years, fans can expect an exciting interactive week of activities that celebrate the 2012 season and also build excitement for the 2013 season ahead. Among the events this year are the NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon, the annual event, where drivers and teams collect a number of year-end awards and accolades; NASCAR Victory Lap™ down the world-famous Las Vegas Strip; and NASCAR After The Lap™, an anything-goes Q&A session between fans and the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ drivers. Last year’s NASCAR After The Lap event provided one of the highlights of the week — an impromptu break dancing demonstration by four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Jeff Gordon.
For the fourth-consecutive year, fans will join drivers, team owners and industry leaders in celebrating the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards.
Approximately 300 tickets are available to fans, which are being distributed by tracks, NASCAR partners and teams through various fan promotions. Tickets will offer fans access to the following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week experiences:
– NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon;
– NASCAR After The Lap;
– Fan reception and red carpet walk prior to the awards; and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards.
Following is a rundown of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week activities; all times are local.
Tuesday – Wednesday, Nov. 27–28
– NASCAR 2012 Motorsports Marketing Forum: The 13th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum, presented by SportsBusiness Journal/Daily, is the motorsports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Held at Aria Resort & Casino, the Forum will feature an array of insight and perspective from sports and marketing executives both within and outside the motorsports industry. Registration is required at www.motorsportsmarketingforum.com.
– NASCAR Live: Motor Racing Network’s third annual champion’s edition of “NASCAR Live” with Eli Gold will be held at Wynn Las Vegas Race and Sports Book Tuesday, Nov. 27, starting at 4 p.m. Gold will spend the hour with the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, taking calls and answering questions from the live audience.
Tuesday – Saturday, Nov. 27 – Dec. 1
– NASCAR Pit Stop Tour: The Pit Stop Tour consists of Official Partner show cars featured in iconic locations throughout the Las Vegas strip from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. each day. Fans can get up close and personal with the cars at the following locations: Welcome to Las Vegas sign on Las Vegas Blvd. (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Car); Coca-Cola Store (Coca-Cola); New York, New York (Chevrolet); Bally’s (Ford); and Fashion Show (Toyota).
Wednesday, Nov. 28
– Fanfest Presented by Las Vegas Motor Speedway: The fourth annual Fanfest event will again be held on Fremont Street, and begin at 2 p.m., with the arrival of the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. The event will consist of a red carpet walk by the 12 drivers followed by a special “game show format,” on-stage event featuring the drivers and hosted by nationally known comedian Carrot Top. Race fans will have the chance to win two tickets to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to be held two nights later at Wynn Las Vegas.
– Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Reception: This year’s finalists for the Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award will be honored at a reception at Wynn Las Vegas from 6–7 p.m. Following, The NASCAR Foundation will announce the Award winner during this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards on Friday, Nov. 30. Fans can cast their vote to determine the 2012 Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award winner by visiting NASCAR.COM/award before 11:59 p.m. ET November 29.
Thursday, Nov. 29
– Chevrolet SS Race Car Unveiled at Wynn Las Vegas: A press conference will be held, at 9:30 a.m., at the Encore Theatre at Wynn Las Vegas, to unveil the 2013 Chevrolet SS NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race car. Media attendance is encouraged; however, this event is not open to the public.
– NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will be held from 11 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., in the Encore Ballroom at Encore Las Vegas, where several team awards will be presented. Among those awards included are the Champion Sponsor, Champion Crew Chief, Sunoco Rookie of the Year and NMPA Most Popular Driver awards.
– NASCAR Victory Lap: The green flag on fan-favorite NASCAR Victory Lap will wave at 3:30 p.m., with pre-lap festivities to begin at 3 p.m., when the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will parade down Las Vegas Blvd. in their race cars with engines roaring. NASCAR Victory Lap will start and finish on Las Vegas Blvd., in front of Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, and will once again provide fans with a unique experience to feel the excitement of a NASCAR start line, feature an authentic pit stop (performed by members of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Pit Crew Development Program presented by Sprint) and two burn-out sections for drivers — with viewing areas along the route. The event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90.
– NASCAR After The Lap: One of the premier events of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week, NASCAR After the Lap Sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola will be held from 5–6:30 p.m., at PH LIVE located in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Fans can purchase tickets at www.NASCARafterthelap.com for $20 each (all proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation) to attend the unpredictable, unforgettable driver tell-all event featuring the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. The event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90 and live streamed on NASCAR.COM.
– The Stewie Awards: Following NASCAR After The Lap, 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Tony Stewart and Matt Yocum will host the sixth annual “Stewie Awards,” a lighthearted year-in-review, which airs live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90.
Friday, Nov. 30
– 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: The postseason, black tie event will begin at 5 p.m. at Wynn Las Vegas, where the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion driver and owner will be crowned and the top 10 drivers in the final standings will be honored. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards, the culmination of Champion’s Week, will feature red carpet arrivals, celebrity guests, music and entertainment. SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will provide live coverage of the event.