Touring Series

November Races At Rockingham Cancelled

NASCAR has canceled the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race scheduled for Nov. 2 at Rockingham (N.C.) Speedway. (NASCAR Photo)

NASCAR has canceled the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race scheduled for Nov. 2 at Rockingham (N.C.) Speedway. (NASCAR Photo)

ROCKINGHAM, N.C. – Officials from three different series have confirmed that all the events that were scheduled for Nov. 2 at Rockingham Speedway have been cancelled.

Everything started Monday when NASCAR announced that the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East event scheduled for Rockingham had been cancelled. The series will now host its season finale on Oct. 18 at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga.

“It is unfortunate any time a race must be cancelled,” said George Silbermann, NASCAR vice president, regional and touring. “However, the race track failed to meet its obligations and we were forced to terminate the sanction agreement. We look forward to a great race weekend at Road Atlanta to culminate the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East season and crown the 2013 champion.”

Shortly after NASCAR made its announcement, the UARA-STARS Late Model Series announced it has also cancelled its event at Rockingham.

“We commend the Hillenburgs for all the time, effort and love they put into the Rockingham Speedway. We wish them the very best in all their future endeavors. Our paths will more than likely pass again in the future,” UARA officials said in a statement.

The third and final series, the CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series, released a statement Monday afternoon confirming that they to would be canceling their event that was scheduled for Nov. 2. Series officials announced earlier this year that the event would offer a $20,000 payout to the race winner.

“After speaking with Andy (Hillenburg, Rockingham Speedway President) to try any way possible to continue on with our series event at Rockingham, there is no other alternative but remove the event from the 2013 schedule,” said CARS X-1R Pro Cup Series Director of Operations and Marketing Chris Ragle. “Obviously this was being set up as a big finale for us and now that the situation has changed. We’ll have to look at our options in the coming days to determine what the best thing going forward is for the series, it’s competitors and our series sponsors.”

The events of Monday call into question Rockingham Speedway’s future. That is expected to be addressed sometime Tuesday by Andy Hillenburg.

Posted by on Sep 9 2013 Filed under Latest Headlines, NASCAR, Top Stories, Touring Series. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

FREE DAILY NEWSLETTER

Join our mailing list to receive the Daily News Update, Special Offers from NSSN or our trusted partners, or BOTH! You can opt-out anytime and we promise not to spam you!
Email:

Please Support NSSN’s Sponsors




Follow NSSN On Facebook!