Excitement Rises At Plymouth

PLYMOUTH, Ind. – The second race of the season was an exciting one at Plymouth Speedway on Saturday night.

The 600 Open Sprints opened the feature portion of the night and it was a wild sixth lap of the event. Jacob Moore flipped over B-Ray Kinzer’s car. Luckily, nobody was injured but Moore did take quite a tumble. Despite that, he fired up the car and continued in the race.

Aaron Davis had the pole and he stayed out front for the entire 15-lap event and captured the win. Dawson Stealy made his way through the field and finished second after starting in the middle of the pack. He would finish second. Brad Nichols had a strong third-place finish.

“I never thought this day would come,” said Davis said post-race.

The Thunder Stocks event found Eric Brown busy behind the wheel as his win didn’t come easy. He had John Rhoads to battle and Keith Crissinger to beat doors with to get there but when he got clean air he stayed there. Third-place finisher Bryce Shidler worked on second place finisher John Rhoads on the closing laps but couldn’t make the pass. Three caution flags flew during the feature and Brown said working the top of the track helped him with the win.

“I got the car working on the top of the track and let me tell you this feels a lot better than last week,” stated Brown.

The UMP Modified event always brings excitement and Saturday night wasn’t any different. Jamie Lomax was trying to win both the B-Main and the A-Main to sweep prize money, but he ran out of laps. It was Todd Sherman who found the front of the field quickly and he never looked back. Lomax started in the back of the field and by lap six he was in the sixth position.

He came up one spot short by the time the checkered flag flew. Last year’s champion, Frank Marshall, was attempting a podium shot but missed it by a spot. The top three included Todd Sherman, Jamie Lomax and Darek Snyder.

“I’m just glad Jamie (Lomax) started in the back so I could have a chance,” said Sherman.

The Super Street event was the final feature of the evening. From the drop of the green flag, Michael Clark was on his game. He was so fast he was lapping cars by the ninth lap. Tommy Beezley II, who was running in both the UMP Modifieds and Super Street races, worked his way into the top three quickly and ended up in the second position.

Clark had a two second lead on Beezley II at one time. Beezley II tried to close the gap when lapped traffic became an issue, but Clark’s car was too strong to provide a challenge. Nathan Jordan started third and that’s where he finished. On the podium, he said he was pretty happy with the result. It was a rather quiet race with one caution. This was Clark’s second win on the season in as many races.


“Confidence,” said Clark when asked how winning two in a row felt. “We’re going to win next week too.”

Posted by on May 4 2014 Filed under MIDWEST, Racing Nation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.


Join our mailing list to receive the Daily News Update, Special Offers from NSSN or our trusted partners, or BOTH! You can opt-out anytime and we promise not to spam you!

Please Support NSSN’s Sponsors

Follow NSSN On Facebook!